What Is HydraFacial MD?
The HydraFacial resurfacing procedure thoroughly cares for your skin, providing cleansing, exfoliation, extraction and hydration all while infusing antioxidants, peptides and hyaluronic acid into the skin. It’s a non-invasive, non-surgical procedure that combines the benefits of hydradermabrasion and superficial chemical peels, delivering instant results with no discomfort or downtime. The procedure is soothing, moisturizing, non-irritating and immediately effective.
HydraFacial evolved from its older cousin, microdermabrasion, which is a non-surgical process of removing the skin’s outer layer using a stream of micro-crystals blasted onto the surface of the skin. However, HydraFacial does not use crystals to assist in the exfoliation process, but instead uses a specially shaped spiral tip which exfoliates and removes impurities along with applying various serums that cleanse, hydrate and provide antioxidant infusion during the treatment process.
HydraFacial MD can improve:
- The appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Brown spots from sun damage or hyperpigmentation.
- Skin texture.
- Elasticity and firmness.
- Skin tone evenness and brightness.
- Acne with or without whiteheads and blackheads.
- Clogged pores/oily, congested skin.
- Enlarged pores.
How Does the Treatment Work?
The Hydrafacial treatments can be done in as little as 30 to 40 minutes in some cases. After which, a client’s skin feels refreshed without any redness or irritation. There isn’t any downtown post treatment, and you can resume daily activities without restrictions. Some patients opt for repeat treatments to achieve optimal results. We suggest scheduling monthly treatments to maintain the results and improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and brown spots, and to cleanse oily, congested skin.
- Step 1: Dead skin cells are removed with exfoliation and cleansing to reveal healthy new skin.
- Step 2: Using an acid peel (gentle mixture of glycolic and salicylic acids), dirt and debris is loosened from the pores without irritation. This also stimulates collagen to help improve brown discoloration and improve skin brightness.
- Step 3: Extraction is used, which is a painless, automated technique using vortex suction to clean out pores.
- Step 4: To hydrate, antioxidants and hyaluronic acid are infused to nourish and protect.
- Step 5: To protect, an SPF 30 is applied to the skin to help maintain and protect the skin from sun damage.
Immediately after a HydraFacial treatment, your skin may appear pink, but will subside within the hour. Most patients see results after their first treatment, noticing better skin clarity, enhanced hydration, clearer pores, and softer skin or fine lines. Your skin will be more sensitive to sun exposure so a sunscreen with an SPF of 50 or higher is required for a minimum of the first two weeks.