COVID-19 continues to be an ongoing issue in our communities. VitalSkin Dermatology takes the COVID-19 situation very seriously and in our practices, we’re taking every precaution possible to help keep doctors, team members and patients safe, including social distancing, facemask guidelines and proper office sanitizing.
- All team members practice social distancing of at least six feet with patients and visitors when possible.
- Our team wears face coverings at all times when in close proximity to patients and visitors. We ask that all patients wear face coverings while in the building as well.
- We routinely clean and sanitize our office according to CDC and OSHA guidelines, including all patient rooms, waiting areas, common-area surfaces, door handles, faucets, etc. We also have sanitation wipes and hand sanitizer regularly available.
If a VitalSkin team member tests positive for COVID-19 and exposes others in their facility:
- We immediately inform all team members of the possible exposure. Team members who have been potentially exposed will be sent home and asked to telework for 14 days.
- A thorough cleaning of the workspace used by the infected individual will be conducted after the area has been closed off for at least 24 hours.
We know this year’s been challenging for you, your team members and your patients. Whether it’s been adapting to telehealth and precautionary protocols, COVID-19 has created a new reality for most businesses – including dermatology offices. At VitalSkin, we strive to help doctors and teams through this new reality, so they can ensure patients still receive the skin care they need and deserve.
Need additional support overcoming COVID-19? We’re always a phone call or click away to help. Schedule a consultation with one of our practice management experts today!